Eat like an Italian! The Mediterranean Diet for Beginners.
Get instant access to a dietitian-created Mediterranean meal plan & learn how a Mediterranean diet pattern is good for gut health!
We now know - the Mediterranean dietary pattern is GREAT for your gut microbiome and health.
It has been shown to:
- include many nutrients that promote healthy bacteria in the gut
- help enhance healthy aging and prevent premature aging
- reduce risk of chronic diseases like diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- reduce inflammation
- improve important markers of health
So how do you eat in a Mediterranean diet? What changes are needed?
We've put together 10 short videos, a menu plan, AND a simple checklist to help you start incorporating concepts of the Mediterranean diet into your life with ease!
Our dietitians are specialized in gastrointestinal health and the gut microbiome. We bring you some great content that focuses on taking care of the bacteria in your gut!
Interested in getting personalized care? Many health care plans cover the cost of registered dietitian nutritionists - check with your extended benefits & book with us today!
By the end of this course you will:
- Why the Mediterranean diet is good for our health
- Understand why certain foods enhance our health by way of our gut microbes
- How often to eat foods associated with a Mediterranean eating pattern
- Which foods to reduce our intake of
- Have a cookbook of delicious, easy Mediterranean style recipes you can use to add to your meal planning repertoire
- 10 short videos so you understand WHY each part of the Mediterranean diet is important
- Two week long menu plans with recipes & grocery list (one with lots of new recipes and ideas, and a more basic one utilizing leftovers)
- A daily and weekly checklist to keep you on track
Check out the Course curriculum below to see the video topics!
StartIntroduction to the Mediterranean diet (5:41)
StartWhat is the gut microbiome? (3:28)
StartWhy is the Mediterranean Diet Beneficial to Gut Health? (6:23)
StartNutrients of the Mediterranean Diet - Healthy Fats (4:08)
StartNutrients of the Mediterranean diet: Fibre, Polyphenols & Antioxidants (7:37)
StartFoods to Emphasize in the Mediterranean Diet (6:18)
StartFoods that are reduced on the Mediterranean Diet (5:27)
StartThe Mediterranean Lifestyle - Eating with Others (3:52)
StartThe Mediterranean Lifestyle - Other Aspects of Diet & Lifestyle (5:15)
StartThe Brain & Gut Interaction - How the Mediterranean Diet Helps (3:16)
Frequently Asked Questions
Eat Like an Italian and take care of your gut health - join our course today and get access to our menus & checklist!