The Dietitian Role in the Diagnosis and Management of SIBO in IBS
The tools, research, & support dietitians need to advance their clinical practice
With all of the information circling the internet regarding IBS & SIBO - it's important you're up to date to properly manage your patients care.
This training series will cover:
- What is small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- When to consider SIBO
- How SIBO is diagnosed - and the current limitations
- What the current evidence is around using hydrogen & methane breath testing (HMBT) to diagnose SIBO
- What is the role of the dietitian in HMBT?
- How to interpret HMBT results (I see them often MISINTERPRETED in the community!)
- Nutrition & SIBO - the current evidence
- How to advocate for appropriate access to HMBT
- How I work with physicians and gastroenterologists in the diagnosis and management of SIBO
- How I advocated for access to private testing in my community, and worked with my college on the role of the RD in HMBT
Information is great - but it's how we translate it into practice that counts. I had TONS of emails after my live SIBO event wondering - how do I do this practically?
So I've revamped the content and made it EVEN BETTER - based on what you told me you NEEDED.
I've added MY practical tools, forms, doctors letters and patient instructions for you to use in your practice - and more great information for you to get the help you need!
You will get access to:
- The evidence based care algorithm I developed for practical use
- My step by step process for moving patients through the IBS to SIBO diagnosis process
- Example forms, letters, and instructions when working as a coordinator for hydrogen breath testing
- PLUS! More in-depth videos answering your biggest questions about interpretation and substrate use!
If you work with gastrointestinal conditions in your practice, have patients present asking question or having done tests for SIBO that you don't know what to do with - this training is for you!
Andrea Hardy is a registered dietitian and owner of Ignite Nutrition Inc in Calgary Alberta. She has worked with gastroenterologists in her community to improve access to evidence based practice information on SIBO and IBS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you see patients with irritable bowel syndrome & bloating?
Do you get 'stuck' when you help patients with IBS?
Do you have patients asking you about SIBO, being self-diagnosed, or being diagnosed in the community - and you're not sure what to do?
Then this workshop is for you!