Waisting Away™ (2nd edition)
Weight Management Strategies For Health Professionals
Are you ready to become more effective with helping your patients manage their weight?
Still frustrated with not knowing what method is effective for weight loss?
Would your practice benefit if you had simple guidelines and strategies that you can follow that are effective for weight management?
Would you like to know how to effectively encourage patients to follow healthy eating guidelines , meal portions and healthy eating habits?
Does initiating conversation with patients about a high BMI make you feel uncomfortable , and you wish you could be more effective?
Do you struggle with knowing how to help people lose weight when they are on different medications , like antipsychotics, and insulin?
If so, Waisting Away TM is for you
Registration is open now!
Waisting Away™ is a course on empowering health professionals with weight management knowledge, up-to-date research, and the skills to practice health at ANY size!
This online workshop is for health professionals who are not experts in weight &/or obesity management, but work with people who would greatly benefit and appreciate positive ways to facilitate their health goals.
Waisting Away™ is READY TO GO practical with hands on strategies, tools and handouts to help your overweight/obese client/patients be healthier.
If you have wanted to attend one of Helene's live Waisting Away™ workshops, but couldn't, now is your time! Sign up now and get the tools you need to for working in weight management!
THIS INTENSIVE MASTERCLASS
- Platforms of weight management & obesity, definitions;
- People with obesity is the lingo;
- Present diet states;
- Measuring & assessing your patients;
- What you need to know about bariatric surgery;
- Role of genetics;
- Key hormones to help or not;
- How to implement WA strategies with the impact of physical activity
- Eating patterns that improve weight loss;
- Keys to meal balancing;
- How much protein is the best to help your patients;
- Does journaling really work?
- Damage control strategies
- How to implement monthly success strategies program to use with clients
- Do meal replacements really work and their role in weight management
- Pills and potions for weight loss on the market today
- Prescription medication for weight loss
- The latest diabetes meds (& which ones actually help);
- Research on dairy and the connection with weight loss;
- What about the food environment and the role it plays in weight management
- The contributions of the food industry;
- Motivational interviewing in weight management-does it really work?
Do you want to know what behavioural strategies work that will support weight loss?
Do you know how to manage patients motivation/ will power, and want to learn what tools actually work?
Do you want to gain an understanding of post-op weight regain, and how to manage patient care?
Are you ready to learn about simple tips that you can incorporate to into your practice that are effective for weight management?
Who will benefit?
- Registered Dietitians / Nutrition Professionals
- Nurse Practitioners
- Diabetes Nurse Educators
- Exercise Specialists: Kinesiologists, Personal Trainers, Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists
- Chiropractors — Naturopaths
- Any Professional involved with helping people to become healthy at any size!
Approved for “Continuing Education Certification Credits”
A certificate of attendance will be provided for CE credits at the completion of the 3 session course.
- Canadian Diabetes Education Certification Board: 6 credits/full day
- Ontario Fitness Council: 7 CE credits
- Manitoba Fitness Council: 2 theory credits & 1 practical CE credit
- BCRPA: Approved 6.5 BCRPA Continuing Education Credits
- Saskatchewan Kinesiology and Exercise Science Association (SKESA): 7 PDC
- CanFitPro: 4 CE Credits = 4 FIS; 4 PTS; 4 NWS
"I am loving your Waisting away course. It is helping me get comfortable to practice and you provide great advice. Thank you for doing the course and lending your expertise. This area of private practice is the right place for me to be because I see that RD's like you are willing to connect and share and develop courses for people like me that have had blinders on for too long and stayed where they did because they were afraid to make the change. You make the fear of change (for me) go down to a 1 on 10!"
- Lana Danielis , Registered Dietitian
Waisting Away Reviews ...
Waisting Away TM has been presented in over 40 locations across Canada to more than 2000 Health Professionals.
This is what participants had to say…
“Loved it…. I learned so many strategies to help my patients lose weight…. permanently”
“I was very excited to gain so many strategies to apply personally and with my future clients, especially the damage control and vegetable first on plate.”
“Thank you for an excellent workshop today at the National Obesity Summit. It was so refreshing to hear a dietitian not be afraid to think outside the Canada’s Food Guide and be so confident with her material and presentation.”
“I just wanted to write to say thanks for the excellent presentation last Friday! Your suggestions on weight loss tips, hormones and medication really impressed me. I feel like I have a few more answers and tips for those patients who just can`t lose the weight. You think outside the box and it`s refreshing! Keep up the great work.”
“…your workshop was so good with real concrete ideas and strategies that I already started using! Thank you so much for taking the initiative to help RDs to do a better job at helping our clients losing weight!”
“Thanks for the info and thanks for the presentation in Alberta – without doubt one of the best talks there”